This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Happy 13th Birthday, Kulo Seeri!

It may be three in the morning in my time zone, but I'm still celebrating - because today is the thirteenth anniversary of the day I first started the hood that became Kulo Seeri! YAY!



Now, thirteen is a significant number in my life - always has been - and in the Seeriverse's numerology, it represents wholeness and harmony. So for both me as the player and my little sim world, this is a huge birthday for Kulo Seeri! And not just because my little baby hood is a teenager now. :)

I have to admit I've played a full 9-day season with my sims since my last story blog update. (It was going to just be a one-day rotation, but... snowballed.) So, as my celebratory birthday post, I'm going to run through my top thirteen off-camera events of Spring 2 NSR...
1: Old Faces Returned

After long periods away from Kulo Seeri, four former villagers have come back. Tia Sabre and her daughter Briar, as well as Shansam zan-Carmela and his son Kuvato, have been off finding themselves away from "the middle of nowhere" - but returned around the start of the new year, and have once again made themselves at home. I look forward to rambling about their future adventures on this blog!

2: Etan Passes the Torch
For the past few generations, the Nuidya have been led by the mi-Avira line - an offshoot of the zan-Avira clan known for nearly always producing twins. However... Etan, the current headwoman, did not have the best choice of eligible heirs. There's her cousin Kira, a spoiled princess in every sense of the word; her rather sickly ten-moon-old daughter Tabiltamyuli, unlikely to make it to adulthood; two newborns; and... that's it really. What's a wise leader to do, knowing that should anything happen to her it's all on the camp diva to pick up the mess?

Easy. Change the rules.

From now on, the headwoman of Kulo Seeri will get to choose her own successor from among the women of the tribe. Current next in line is Briar, as seen discussing things with Etan in the above poorly-lit pic. (She's promised not to move away this time!) Kira's not happy about it, but general consensus is that Etan made a good call.

3: A Few Losses

Branch Timbley and Dayvid Musgrave, originally of TS3 Moonlight Falls, both passed on within a moon of each other. The two of them and Zita zan-Ace had been in a polyamorous relationship for several moons, affectionately referred to by me as BDZ (pronounced "beads"). I was really sad when Dayvid died of old age, but when Branch got randomly struck by lightning a moon later, Zita was absolutely devastated. She'd spent fourteen moons in Kulo Seeri carrying a torch for these guys before reuniting, and neither of us wanted it to end like this, especially since Nuidya superstition holds that those who die by lightning are immediately reincarnated - guess she won't be seeing Branch again in the ancestors' realm... :'(

4: Rebound Love Shape

Zita bounced back fast after losing Branch, however... during a betrothal negotiation for her daughter Lark and Tia's son Keru, it looks like Keru took kissing up to the future in-laws a little too literally. Right in front of Lark, and everything. Now they seem to be way more interested in each other than the agreed match. :/


5: Teal Camp for Grown-ups 

Some longtime readers might remember Teal Camp, the Nuidya equivalent of university, where I sent my teens as part of the rites of adulthood. I wanted to do this again, but didn't have enough teens for the full The Elders Aren't Looking experience - so twelve of the single adults I had no idea what to do with took over the lot for a few rotations. Now it's over and I have four new households and as many new couples, with an added bonus of friendships, rivalries and heartbreaks developing during those few weeks. (The lot itself is being converted into a main-hood uni though.)

6: School's In

Kulo Seeri's first somewhat formal school-type thing has officially opened its doors... er, tent curtains. It's pretty crazy dealing with all those kids at once, but I'm finding my feet with it - although keeping Luyisula from picking on Sela all the time takes more than a little micromanaging. Sula, I'm trying to break that habit!

7: Schoolyard Love


Followers of esotheria-sims on Tumblr may have noticed a familiar face back in picture #2. I asked Esotheria if I could look after a copy of their Dominick Irving in my own game, and here he is! He's helping lorekeeper Yoshan zan-Li run the above school-type thing, and for these two guys it was basically love at first sight. Like, ACR first kiss in front of all the kids within the first fifteen minutes love at first sight. I expected them to move slowly and awkwardly when I spotted the two bolts, but they had other ideas... and I love them for it, they're really sweet and adorable, both individually and together!

8: Kira and the Voidlings

As I mentioned somewhere on my own tumblr, "alien abduction" in the Seeriverse basically means a trip through the spirit world. Former princess Kira mi-Avira took one such trip, and now has twins - a boy and a girl - to show for it. She's not impressed with this either.

However... I noticed that the alien voidbeast father still showed up on the family tree for the babies, even though I had kestrellyn's name the father hack set to "no character" like with every other pregnancy in this iteration of KS. Implications of this are still not completely understood, on either side of the screen.

9: Welcome to the Pantheon

Kulo Seeri's chief elder and herbalist, Serendipity, passed away a few rotations ago, leaving her daughter Arafa (pictured above) as zan-Carmela matriarch. She'd been part of the tribe for 64 moons, longer than anyone else still living, so it was pretty obvious that she was going to join fellow Apple Valley expat Li Yoo in the Nuidya pantheon of greater ancestors. The tenth member of this bunch of dead awesome Nuidya, Serendipity is now looked to as patron ancestor of nature, healing and the moons.

10: Rage Against the Time Machine

Around this point the previous year, KS suffered a time rage - a storm of fate and chance caused by too much travel between alternate timelines. That affected the whole village, but this year a mini-time-rage struck one family: the zan-Zade family, consisting of Moli, her husband Alexander Goth, and daughters Sholushra and Tiozura. Tiozura was the sole survivor of this bizarre event that caused the family to age three quartermoons in three days. (In other words: I forgot I left my game running without food in the stores... bad VT.) Ironically, Tiozura's name literally means "against the rage" as she was named round about the aftermath of the last time rage. Is this why she was spared?

11: Hello, My Name Is...

This is - or was - Tisheng Arnuma, daughter of Ganyalis zan-Ave of "violated mpreg taboo then planned to kill Headwoman Abina" fame. As a baby, she was fostered with the only nursing mother in the tribe, but she was never actually named. (Tisheng is Maltiatzi for "little girl"; Arnuma means "without a mother".) After twenty or so moons of that, she was pretty fed up of it and of the rumours that she was connected to the strange events that followed her adoption. So she turned round one day and announced that her name was Tetali sho-Ave (Tetali is Maltiatzi for "complete", derived from the number 13, and the sho- prefix means "to break" - the equivalent of being illegitimate.) I didn't notice the connection between her chosen name and the anniversary until literally just now.

12: Another New Succession Rule

My good friend Shannon sent me a sim from her With Love from Ayre MCC/Warwickshire hood around a Seeriverse year ago. Mari, the risfe (nonbinary) orphan, arrived in KS following a flood and was soon taken on as apprentice by the only other risfe in the tribe, shaman Pel zan-Nate. Now it's less than a moon until Mari becomes an adult, and Pel has adopted them as heir to the zan-Nate name as well as the role of shaman. The idea, since Mari has no interest in romance or a family, is that both will be passed down through adoption in future.

13: Narrow Escape
This kid here is Luyisula zan-Avira, Etan's son. (Yes, the one who keeps picking on Sela zan-Nutama.) In the early rotations, his dad London took him fishing... or rather, fished while Sula watched the clouds. Next thing I knew... falling meteor! Thankfully, he was spared that fate by a glitch - apparently the game didn't like me trying to move a grave to the burial grounds from another community lot, and wouldn't leave the lot after London went home. I can't help but feel that the game will get me for it though.
**********
And so, here we are at the first rotation of Summer 2 NSR! Or we will be, after I've caught some Z's and then maybe baked cupcakes. (But first, the Z's.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment