This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Simmer I Am

A while back, I made a post here on my tumblr about taking a step back and working out exactly what my playstyle is - something I've been struggling with almost since Kulo Seeri's inception - and I'm pleased to inform you all that I've figured it out. In the newest version of Kulo Seeri (which apparently hates me because I keep getting resets whenever the first batch of sims I recreated tries to visit a community lot) I'll be making some changes to my playing and blogging style so I'll feel more comfortable with both. (Once the glitches are sorted.)

Below the cut, for anyone who cares, is all the stuff I've found on my voyage of simself-discovery.

Here goes:

What My Playstyle Is
First and foremost, at the heart of my playstyle: I'm an escapist and a fantasy worldbuilder.
I like tying all my projects into the same universe: in this case, the world Kulo Seeri is part of, which I have named Juvash and separated from the modern sim!Earth of the premades.
I like creating cultures. Especially ones that are very different to our modern world.
I like having magic and Juvash's three pantheons of gods/spirits play important roles in my sims' lives.
I like to take more time to get to know my sims and their stories.
I only play matriarchies. It's the only way I can be at ease with my worldbuilding.
I like having a balance between controlling my own little world and letting the game throw me curveballs.
I like playing with jealousy off.
And, most importantly, I create the worlds that I want to escape to rather than the ones I think will get me comments and likes.

What My Playstyle Isn't
I'm not good at having lots of social interaction between or even within households... so I'm just going to stop trying to force that.
I don't like playing modern, futuristic or historically accurate hoods. "Steampunk, only powered by bound spirits" is about as high-tech as I go.
I don't want to restrict my playstyle any more than my PTSD requires. So "always matriarchal" = yes; "complex challenge ruleset" or "system of hood laws mirroring earthly legal codes" = no.
I don't want to zip through the generations at full speed. I'm going back to Hat's ageing mod and sticking with it.
I don't like building. Have I ever mentioned that?!
I don't want to micromanage.
I don't like having to stop and take pictures every five seconds.
I don't want to focus on achieving goals rather than on the story - this is why my sims don't have careers, because I feel forced to build skills and get them promoted when they do.
I don't understand romance. ACR and elementally arranged matches can handle all that for me, thank you.


And finally:

VT's Simming Affirmation
I create the worlds I want to be part of.
I choose to focus on the aspects of TS2 I enjoy.
My game is a place where things make sense to me.
I play for myself, and that is all that matters.

...and now, back to fixing that glitch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment