This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kulo Seeri Jumps the Shark

The good thing about it is, you'll likely be seeing a lot fewer interruptions from me.

Anyway, Big Announcement time: Kulo Seeri is moving away from the FSBS angle.

(oh brother, I really hope my handful of occasional readers don't hate me now!)

You see, I was feeling a bit constrained by "the Sim thing" as far as storytelling went. I wanted to really show the ways in which my Nuidya are different from most other hoods, but I'm paranoid and I kept thinking all the other Simmers would think I'm weird. I was feeling under pressure to be "generic modern" even though I don't want to and I know there's no pressure to do that anyway. And I wanted to show the hood as being under threat from an extradimensional enemy without getting myself chased by a mob of angry T"S"3 players.

So, as of now, Kulo Seeri is an alternative science-fantasy drama set in a world that is similar to the one inhabited by most Sim hoods, but is actually not. That's how I prefer to work anyway, and my writing is for me first and anyone else who might read it second, so for me it's better this way.

(Alternative science-fantasy, for those of you who don't know, is a genre fusion containing both supernatural and technological elements; the "alternative" bit means it goes easy on the major clichés such as tree elves, evil alien empires and prophecies. I am fairly certain I have invented this term, but I probably haven't.)

The blog is on hiatus while I rearrange things and work out what I'm going to do next, but we will be back ASAP with a new style and possibly a new look, for those of you who are still interested.

- VT

1 comment:

  1. The great thing about playing the sims or blogging about the sims is that there are as many ways to do it as their are players. There's no right or wrong way to do it. So just do it whatever way you want and I'm sure it will an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete