This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Previews and Thanks

Nearly done rebuilding (and I know I say that a lot, but I really am nearly done this time!) I should be back to my semi-regularly scheduled blog by Thursday at the latest. This is what Kulo Seeri looks like right now: (preview under the cut!)



While I'm here, I'd like to give a few shout-outs to the people who have got me to this point:

First and foremost, thanks to my mum for all the support she's given me through the last seventeen thousand rebuilds. Mostly that involves listening to me whine about how much I hate setting hoods up, even though we both know I could have built fifty hoods in the time I spend complaining about building one. And since I go back to square one a lot, she really deserves credit for her superhuman ability to not whack me with the keyboard over it. Kidding aside, seriously, thanks Mum.

Starrsim of Apple Valley made the lots in the preview picture for me as part of a TBTO trade. I'm sending a big bucket of thanks her way for making them, getting me out of building lots myself (it's my least favourite part of setup and the reason most of my hoods fail at that stage!) and giving me a reason to finally get round to learning to retexture hair.

I'd also like to say a warm fuzzy thank you to my late grandma, who never got to see me set up this hood, but left me the money to upgrade to a shiny shiny new gaming computer, which I have named Titania. (My last one was Bub; before that, there was Terry, where Kulo Seeri was born. Its name was short for "Terribly Slow".) Awesome as the graphics and speed are, I miss my grandma a lot. Money can't hug you.

Finally, thanks to anyone who's still reading for your extreme patience. You're better at it than me, I must admit.

And yes, I will be posting an actual update from KS in a few days. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it's looks awesome. Are your roads invisible? No worries about the lots, let me know if you need more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm using a terrain replacement with invisible roads. It took me ages to decorate the hood, glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look awesome! Glad that it's coming together for you, and looking forward to you getting the opportunity to play!

    ReplyDelete