This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Here's what's going on...

Hi readers! Sorry for the lack of updates on my latest rebuild of Kulo Seeri. I will be starting that soon, honest. I've just been grappling with the worst Evil Throat Virus Thing From The Abyss Of Despair that I've had in the best part of twenty years. :(


The past three weeks have been a complete blur of high temperatures (and still feeling the need for three quilts and a cardigan), fever dreams (one of the saner ones involves Harry Potter going to the future, transforming into a cricket, playing chess with a goldfish, turning the chess pieces into chairs made of jelly and singing a song about being predictable), being unable to get anything more solid than water down my throat for nearly a week (didn't even get a piece of my own birthday cake!), and generally feeling bleh.

I just wanted to reassure everyone reading my blog that, despite all this, I am alive and have started to recover a bit. Not quite enough to rebuild everything yet, but I should be back to it within a few more days... and I may have hit on a new way of dealing with the rebuild through story posts. In the past, rebuilds have (from my Sims' perspectives) been overseen by the late Li Yoo, and this will be the first they've had to tackle without her. That responsibility has now passed to Tia zan-Ace, who, it has to be said, reminded Li a lot of herself. So it's as good a time as any to try a new way of doing it - I think this time round I'll build gradually, but play and blog as I go, writing the rebuild into the story.

Another thing I need to do is find a mate for Lluza's Headwoman Kitira. If it wasn't for the glitch that suddenly started causing jump resets instead of age transitions, she'd have turned 18 not long before I left off. I've been toying with the idea of using a Sim from one of the premades - a few of the Sim Bin families slipped in once and that turned out fine, so why not? I'm leaning towards one of the premade Uni students, since they're closest to Kitira's age, but I haven't made the final decision yet. Although I did stick ten semi-random premades and one Kitira clone in a Bachelorette Challenge type thing just before I got sick - had to abandon that due to glitches too, but I did notice that Aldric Davis of La Fiesta Tech consistently topped the leaderboard in each of the six mini-challenges I played through before that point, and even managed to burst through a locked door to hug Kitira after one of the other contestants started picking fights with her. So, points for that?

Anyway, I'll go try to sleep now, and try to bring actual story updates back to this blog as soon as I can. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment