This Sims 2 blog follows the lives of the Nuidya tribespeople of the southern plains, as they try to survive, thrive and figure out what exactly it means to be a dragonspark. Along the way, there'll be drama, romance, utter silliness, high-fantasy worldbuilder rambling and lots of cats. Just watch out for those storm demons - they're sneaky. :)

Monday, December 03, 2018

Time to say goodbye (for now)

Since Tumblr has decided to change its content policies, a lot of Simmers are migrating from there to other sites, and I intend to leave it as well. New sites scare me, so I'll be posting exclusively here (and on PBK and GoS, but here's where my gameplay posts live) from now on - not that I will be doing that for the foreseeable future.


Why? Well. Anyone remember this post I made a few years back, or this one from a while before that? The things I mentioned in those are still issues now. I don't feel like I enjoy blogging enough to keep doing it. I hate having to pause the game to take pictures. My low self-esteem means I post mainly for the ego boost of getting comments. And I feel constrained in my gameplay by what "everyone else" might think is "acceptable" - in other words, the standards of modern life that my game is all about reversing if I can or else stomping on as hard as possible.

So I need time away from the community. I need to step back and enjoy playing for its own sake, and to experiment outside the 21st century's comfort zone. I'm still open to contact from all the good friends I've made over the years - I'd just rather do it privately, through whatever means might be available (I'm not that good with social media) and if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Anyway... bye for now. I'm so sorry it's come to this. *hug*

3 comments:

  1. I've used blogger for years and years and like it a lot more than tumblr. I don't know many people on tumblr and what I do with the game doesn't translate well on tumblr. The thing about tumblr was that it made it easy to chat, but it makes it harder to keep up with someone's actual updates. Like story updates. Blogger's old follow and notify functions did a better job. I don't think some of that even still works. Anyway, you're not alone in using the game as a way of building something other than the place we have to live in. Keep hopeful. The community is creative and motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tumblr does make it hard to follow. After knowing I would leave tumblr, My first feeling was actually relief quickly followed by wondering how I would keep up with some simblrs I really enjoy if they leave tumblr. It will be good if you feel more free to play how you would like to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to get notices, Read notices on Blogger. I don't see that as an option now. I see a lot of people signing up on Dreamwidth which works the same way as Blogger so I'm not sure what's the draw unless it's simply familiarity. I'm sure there will be a way to keep up, some kind of notice system. And there's discord which lets you chat in real time.

      Delete